[:en]Fair Game – Hunting Germar Rudolf[:de]Freiwild – Jagd auf Germar Rudolf[:]


“Thank heaven, we live under the rule of law. But unfortunately, that does not apply to the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany.”

Johannes Gross, Capital
Germany, Nov. 1994, p. 3

The Disfranchisement of Unwelcome Citizens[1]

In antiquity and in the Middle Ages, many European nations possessed the legal power to disfranchise citizens for gross misdeeds. With the rise of secularized constitutional nations, the use of this power disappeared until it resurfaced in the 3rd Reich as thought crime laws. In the Federal Republic of Germany, the possibility of far-reaching revocations of civil rights was built right into the constitution in Article 18 of the Basic Law, but until recently no use was made of it. Jochen Lober has shown that the equivalent curtailment of the civil rights of citizens has been achieved by extra-constitutional regulation.[2] We will examine here Lober’s question, whether a form of de facto outlawry was introduced with the revision of section 130 of the German Penal Code, which made any kind of Holocaust denial – or revisionism – and opposition to multi-culturalism a potential criminal offense punishable by up to five years in prison. This will be done by studying the fate of Auschwitz researcher Diplom-Chemist Germar Rudolf. What happened to him will be examined phenomenologically, not chronologically, in order to focus on the effects of German criminal law on the civil rights of German citizens.

First Step: Denunciation

From September 20 to 22, 1991, a seminar took place in Nuremberg (Bavaria) on Holocaust revisionism, sponsored by the libertarian Bavarian Thomas Dehler Foundation.

Among the participants, besides Rudolf, there was a certain Diplom-Physicist Hermann Körber from Bünde, in northern Germany. His behavior during the seminar was highly unpleasant. During a discussion period, for example, he stated that the German people should not only be considered as murderers, but as plunderers as well. He also suggested that the Germans themselves were to blame for the many deaths among old people, women and children that were caused by the Allied aerial bombardment, because they had started the bombing (which is not true) and had knowingly failed to evacuate the civil population (which was also not true, since many children were sent to the country). During the Sunday dinner, Körber threatened a fellow participant sitting at his table with a dinner knife because the person did not share his opinion on the Holocaust, and at the close on Sunday afternoon, he loudly called the participants Germar Rudolf and Winfried Zwerenz pigs, because they had disagreed with him on scientific grounds.

On November 5, 1992, this Hermann Körber filed a criminal complaint with state attorney Baumann in Schweinfurt against Rudolf for instigating Otto Ernst Remer to incitement to racial hatred.[3] He claimed that it was Rudolf and his expert report that had caused Remer to begin publishing material on the Holocaust in his Remer Depesche.[4] Subsequently, the state attorney of Schweinfurt initiated a criminal investigation against Rudolf on grounds of incitement to racial hatred, and others, in which O. E. Remer was also named.[5] Both defendant denied the accusations.

Then, on April, 19, 1993, at the state attorney’s office in Bielefeld, Körber
filed a witness affidavit in which he stated:[6]

"As a Diplom Chemist, Rudolf knows and must know that his theses are scientifically untenable.

It can be proven that that which Rudolf convinced Remer of is trickery."

On April 27, 1993, as proof of his assertion that Rudolf was knowingly deceitful, Körber filed another affidavit in which he interpreted Rudolf’s technical arguments made in an exchange of correspondence with Werner Wegner, as incitement to racial hatred, and characterized Rudolf’s assertion that unambiguous technical evidence was superior to ambiguous documentary evidence as "unscientific and unprofessional procedure".[7]

In another affidavit made on April 30, 1993, Körber asserted falsely that Rudolf supported

"the Leuchter thesis that there was a danger of explosion throughout the Auschwitz compound, at least for structures, whenever gassing operations with Zyklon B were going on."

Rudolf had in fact stated that the use of high concentrations of Zyklon B to reduce execution periods to minutes or seconds, as the witnesses had reported, would mean that there would be safety problems due to explosive concentrations of hydrogen cyanide.[8] He had never spoken nor written of a general danger of explosion.

The busy witness Körber was at it again on May 26, 1993, this time to assert that the references to the Rudolf Report in various editions of the Remer Depesche proved that the author Rudolf was the cause. Körber also claimed that Rudolf’s attempt to testify as an expert witness, which was refused by the court, constituted conspiracy to commit perjury.[9] On June 7, 1993, he repeated his accusations that Rudolf had instigated Remer to his misdeeds in the Remer Depesche, and offered evidence that would defer the possible termination of the investigation.[10]

It should be pointed out that there is no mention among Körber’s statements of the fact that Rudolf had written him a lengthy letter in January 1993, in which Rudolf presented detailed arguments supporting the conclusions of his report.[11] Körber had never answered the letter. His only response had been to make false accusations about Rudolf to the police.

In mid-April 1993, the state attorney of Stuttgart set in motion another prosecution against Rudolf in addition to the ongoing prosecution concerning incitement. This one was initiated by retired Generalmajor O. E. Remer’s distribution of a commented version of the Rudolf Report.

The first copies of Remer’s version were sent to various notable personalities in politics, justice, and science on April 16, 1993.[12] On the same day, Prof. Dr. Hanns F. Zacher, President of the Max Planck Society (Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, MPG), received a call from the Chairman of the Directorate of the Zentralrat der Juden in Deutschland (Central Council of Jews in Germany), Ignatz Bubis, in which Herr Bubis told Prof. Zacher of his concern about the effect of the Rudolf Report by Diplom-Chemist Rudolf, at that time an MPG employee.[13] It is not known what Prof. Zacher did in response to the call. In any case there was no attempt by the MPG administration to terminate Rudolf’s employment at that time.

In mid-May 1993, Rudolf received at his office two calls from journalists (the German weekly magazine stern and the private TV station SAT 1) dealing with the distribution of the Remer version. During one of these calls, a colleague of Rudolf was in the room. The colleague later told another colleague, Jörg Sassmannshausen, who immediately reported the event to the executive Director of the Max Planck Institute, Prof. Arndt Simon.[14] Subsequently, Rudolf was asked not to appear at the Institute anymore unless at the explicit request of his doctoral supervisor, Prof. Dr. H. G. von Schnering, in order to make sure that there might be no further contact with journalists during work hours. His employment contract had not been mentioned.

This request was subsequently repeated in writing. Nine days afterwards, Rudolf entered the Max Planck Institute in order to copy some documents and to discuss the reproduction of his doctoral thesis with his doctoral supervisor. He deliberately avoided his office in order to avoid being confronted with questions from the media. Rudolf was seen by Institute workers, however, and they reported his presence to the executive director.

Second Step: Professional Ruin

Rudolf had neglected to ask his doctoral supervisor for permission to enter the Institute. The following day he was asked to accept termination of his employment contract without notice.[15] The justification for this was primarily that Rudolf had sent letters on stationary with the Max Planck Institute letterhead while working on the Report. Rudolf had privately engaged the Fresenius Institute to analyze the wall samples from Auschwitz for traces of cyanide. But when the Fresenius Institute was already working on his samples in Rudolf’s presence, he handed in a letter typed on a letter head of his employer with a detailed specification of the work to be conducted by the Fresenius Institute and a detailed description of the samples. Though the unauthorized use of official letterheads for private purposes was widespread at the Max Planck Institute at the time, in Rudolf’s case it became a no-no. It was this use of Institute letterhead, about which the management of the Institute first became aware through news reports,[16] that established the connection of the Institute with the Rudolf Report.

Apparently because of the failure of the MPG to respond to the intercession of I. Bubis (see above), on June 22, 1993, the Zentralrat der Juden in Deutschland (Central Council of Jews in Germany) felt it necessary to notify the President of the MPG that he was expected to take appropriate measures to restrict the activities of Report researcher Germar Rudolf. On July 14, 1993, the President of the MPG informed the Central Council that the MPG had no further responsibility for the activities of Herr Rudolf, since he had been fired.

The subsequent labor court proceeding instituted by Rudolf against the Max Planck Institute with respect to his termination without notice turned on the question, whether the generally-practiced and in his case already known infraction "private use of official letterhead" could be used as grounds for dismissal without notice when the Auschwitz issue was mixed in. Labor court judge Stolz made it clear that an employer could dismiss an employee anytime who held such views as the plaintiff Germar Rudolf. This amounts to the principle that Rudolf and others who think like him are outlaws with respect to the labor law. For reasons of social concern, the Max Planck Institute offered to make an agreement with the plaintiff out of court, by which the termination without notice would be revoked and at the same time replaced by a mutual agreement that the employment contract would be terminated, barring further recourse.[17]

Despite this dispute between Rudolf and his now former employer, his doctoral supervisor Prof. H. G. von Schnering continued to support his doctoral candidate and in July 1993 certified that Rudolf possessed the necessary professional and ethical qualification to take the next step, the final examination called the Rigorosum. In that month, Rudolf submitted to the University of Stuttgart his doctoral thesis with all necessary supporting documents and applied for admission to the Rigorosum. By fall 1993, however, permission for the promotion had still not been granted. On inquiry at the University, Rudolf was told that his application had been put on hold because of the criminal investigation initiated against Rudolf for incitement to racial hatred as well as that against O. E. Remer for distribution of Remer’s version of the Rudolf Report. The University of Stuttgart maintained that it was questionable whether the candidate possessed the necessary ethical qualification.

The grounds for this decision was section 4 of the Law On Academic Degrees, enacted by Adolf Hitler in 1939 and still in force in Germany today. By this provision, an academic degree can be revoked or withheld, if one does not possess the necessary ethical qualification. According to a decision of the Administrative Court of Baden-Württemberg, an academic title can only be withheld when there has been a judicial sentence for a serious crime that has been entered on the person’s police record of conduct.[18]

Since at the time of his application for admission to the Rigorosum 1) Rudolf had not been judicially sentenced and 2) such a decision was not expected by him, Rudolf filed a complaint against the University of Stuttgart in the County Court of Stuttgart for failure to act. At the behest of the University of Stuttgart, the County Court Stuttgart stalled on grounds that the ongoing criminal proceeding against Rudolf would have to be concluded before it could be decided whether Rudolf possessed the necessary qualifications for promotion.[19]

After the sentence against Rudolf was handed down in March 1996, the University of Stuttgart advised him that it was in his best interest to withdraw his application for promotion, since otherwise the University most likely would refuse his application because of Rudolf’s conviction for a severe crime. Rudolf complied, because he might otherwise have to reckon with the problem that his doctoral work might be unacceptable everywhere else in the world.[20]

By good fortune, in fall 1994 Rudolf obtained a position as a field representative with a firm dealing in corrosion inhibiting products. During her research into “right-wing businesses,” left-wing journalist F. Hundseder stumbled onto the fact that Rudolf was employed at one of them. In the ARD broadcast Panorama in mid-May 1995, this discovery was described as a scandal, and both the company and their employee Rudolf as heinous Neo-Nazis. The company came immediately under such heavy pressure from customers, suppliers, employees and competitors that by mutual agreement they and Rudolf terminated his employment contract in order to prevent further loss to the company. Due to this denunciation by the media, Rudolf lost his job within a few days.

In the current state of German labor law, if in future applications for employment Rudolf were not to mention his revisionist activities and this were to become known to his employer, it would be considered grounds for dismissal. If he duly mentioned these activities, however, he could expect not to find any ordinary employment anywhere in Germany.[21]

Third Step: Persecution through Prosecution

A more complete analysis of the prosecution against Rudolf will be left to other works. Rudolf was accused not only because of Remer’s political commentary, which was falsely attributed to Rudolf, but also because of the purely technical conclusions in his Report.[22] In the principal hearing Presiding Judge Dr. Dietmar Mayer stated that the competence of the court did not extend to the evaluation of the scientific validity of the expert report. Because of this, the contents of the expert report were not addressed in the proceeding, but only the question whether the defendant was responsible for Remer’s commentary.

In its decision, the court made no secret of the fact that it held revisionist thinking itself to be reprehensible and punishable by increasing the severity of the sentence.[23] However, the sentence against Rudolf to 14 months prison without probation was based on the false contention that Rudolf had at least knowingly contributed to the political commentary contained in Remer’s version of his expert report. The court justified its sentence with a tiresomely assembled chain of proofs amounting to 240 pages which in decisive points departed from the actual evidence and which completely ignored the contradictory evidence on the main point of the defense.

The chemical and construction problems of the buildings at Auschwitz dealt with in the Rudolf Report were characterized by the court as "hardly clarifiable details of the National Socialist mass-crimes", thus, under no circumstance a matter of “common knowledge.”[24]

Rudolf’s trial on account of the business with Remer’s version ended in summer 1995. Under which star this trial was held was made blindingly clear by a document from the trial records: Rudolf’s judges in the District Court of Stuttgart wanted to prevent that they themselves should come under the wheels of denunciation and inquisition, as had the judges of the District Court of Mannheim in the Günter Deckert Case, who were massively criticized by media and politicians, threatened with prosecution, and eventually sent to early retirement because they had dared to call a leading revisionist a man of good character and sentence him only to one year imprisonment with probation. Before the opening of the trial against Rudolf, the judges therefore carefully inquired with the German Federal Supreme Court with respect to its decision against Günter Deckert and receive an immediate reply.[25] Since the German Federal Supreme Court revised the Deckert decision so many times until a sentence of imprisonment without probation was certain, it is obvious that in the Rudolf Case the same sentence of imprisonment without probation was the only option if the judges wanted to stay out of trouble.

At the same time as the above-mentioned prosecution, there were three other prosecutions underway against Rudolf. In the first case, he was accused of being mainly or at least partially responsible for the publication of the journals Remer Depesche and Deutschland Report.[26] The second involved his publication of the work Grundlagen zur Zeitgeschichte (Engl. edition: Dissecting the Holocaust.[27] The third was directed against an exchange of correspondence between Rudolf and the Krakow Institute for Forensic Research on chemical questions concerning the gas chambers of Auschwitz that was published in Sleipnir, issue 3, 1995.[28]

It was clear already then that these would not be the last measures taken against Rudolf, especially since he intended to defend himself in print. In view of the fact that the District Court of Stuttgart was able to find the defendant guilty contrary to the evidence, one could justifiably fear that in each outstanding trial, the innocent defendant would be found just as guilty, and that he would find himself incarcerated under the terms of several sentences of increasing severity.

In the meantime, Rudolf’s home had been searched three times, and each time books, archives, correspondence, technical data and his computer equipment were seized. The principal loss was not that of physical items, but the intellectual loss of data and archive material. The result was that Rudolf could no longer work as a scientist and also could not defend himself unrestrictedly in court, since his resources to do so were continually taken away. Even the standard literature on the Holocaust was confiscated.

Only those who have themselves undergone the same thing can judge the psychological stress caused to an innocent person through undergoing years-long criminal prosecutions. In addition to these psychic burdens, there are the legal expenses to consider. Currently, they can be calculated only with difficulty but, loosely estimated, they must run into a few hundred thousand dollars. It is clear that at the close of the trial against him, Rudolf was financially ruined for the foreseeable future – quite apart from the fact that for the foreseeable future he would be given no chance to meet these burdens through employment in his profession, at least not within Germany.

Fourth Step: Defamation

At the close of the labor court hearing of the case against the Max Planck Institute, the Deutsche Presse-Agentur (DPA)published its already mentioned false announcement on the Rudolf Report.

Rudolf not only proved that the expert opinion cited in this announcement by the DPA was wholly fabricated – the MPG distanced itself from the announcement – but also that the report based on the phantom opinion is so false that no expert in the world would embrace it. But this does not hinder the media from spreading the announcement far and wide and using it as proof of the obvious falseness of the Rudolf Report.[29] In the meantime, this false press release even appeared in the media in foreign countries.[30] Since then, Rudolf has been defamed as a right-wing radical,[31] a right-wing extremist,[32] a Neo-Nazi[33] and a brown doctoral candidate.[34] His Report is always named in quotation-marks, and characterized as hack-work[35] or merely as a "false report".[36] Unfounded accusations of xenophobia[37] are accompanied by the false assertion of Judge Dr. Mayer that Rudolf was deeply marked by anti-Semitism, which, since it is wrong, is all the more ferociously maintained.

By 1994, Rudolf had had no success with his attempts to defend himself against the effects of hostile descriptions, but this was due more to financial difficulties than to judicial defeats.[38] But once Rudolf was sentenced for his supposed crime, the media declared open season on him.

Fifth Step: Destruction of the Personal World

When the ARD smeared Rudolf in the most vicious way in its spring 1994 broadcast Report,[39] Rudolf’s parents distanced themselves from him and refused to come to his wedding, scheduled for several weeks later. All his relatives joined them in this, except for his siblings.[40] His godmother Hannelore Dörschler distanced herself expressly from the views of the people with whom Rudolf surrounded himself, without knowing with which persons Rudolf actually surrounded himself or what views they held.[41]

Since November 2, 1983, Rudolf had belonged to the Catholic German Student Fraternity AV Tuisconia Königsberg in Bonn. This fraternity is a member of an umbrella organization that claims to be the largest academic organization of Europe, and to which famous personalities belong(ed): Josef Cardinal Höffner, Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Friedrich Cardinal Wetter, Archbishop Johannes Dyba, Franz-Josef Strauß (former Ministerpresident of Bavaria, Federal Defense Minister), Philipp Jenninger (former President of the German Parliament), Matthias Wissmann (former Minister for Science and Technology), Alexander von Stahl (former federal general state attorney), Herbert Hupka, Rainer Barzel, Otto von Habsburg, Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince von Hohenzollern, Prof. Peter Berglar, Prof. Josef Stingl, Thomas Gottschalk and others.[42]

When Rudolf’s revisionist activity became known in spring 1994, the umbrella organization exerted pressure on Rudolf’s organization to expel him. Because of this, his organization convened a session of various of its members that spring, without the knowledge or participation of Rudolf, at which his revisionist activity was discussed. An expulsion process followed that held a hearing on August 20, 1994, and ended by expelling him in the fall.

This expulsion was by reason that:[43]

"The Holocaust and the acknowledgement thereof is the normative foundation of our [German] Constitution. The legitimacy – in the sense of worthiness of acceptance – of the Basic Law is based on the recognition of the fact of National Socialist criminal measures by which Jews were subject to a systematic technical mass murder. Inasmuch as Fraternity Brother Rudolf raises doubts about the deliberate annihilation of the Jews, he also raises doubts about the normative consensus on which the Basic Law is based.

Content (normative consensus) and form (institutional order) of the Basic Law are inextricably interwoven and their substance cannot be altered.

Thereby, Fraternity Brother Rudolf violates our Patria Principle."

The Patria Principle is one of the four principles of the semi-conservative umbrella organization.[44] Today, the principle is primarily understood as meaning constitutional patriotism. It is left to the reader to judge the mental health of the lawyers that composed these pronouncements. The fact is that the decision to expel Rudolf because of the pressure from the superior organization was inescapable, and it was admitted that the decision would have been otherwise, had there been no outside pressure.[45]

Sixth Step: Homelessness

When the police searched Rudolf’s home a second time on August 18, 1994, the local media described him as a well-known right-wing extremist personality. In the small village of Jettingen, where Rudolf lived at the time, it was thought necessary to do something to rid the town of this unwelcome citizen. It was made clear to Rudolf’s landlord that the community did not wish him to lease a dwelling to Rudolf. It was also made clear to the landlord that he should have an interest in getting rid of his lessee, too, since otherwise he would have to deal with such things as that his son could no longer bring his friends home, because their parents would not allow them to enter a house in which Neo-Nazis lived.[46] Therefore, Rudolf’s occupancy of the dwelling was terminated as soon as the lease allowed, at a time when his wife expected the birth of their first child within four weeks.[47]

When the landlords of the dwelling that Rudolf had rented thereafter, the couple Sedlatschek of Steinenbronn, learned from the news on June 23, 1995, about the fact that Rudolf had been sentenced to 14 months imprisonment, they had their lawyers communicate the following to him:[48]

"In the name of and on behalf of our clients we hereby terminate immediately the lease under the lease contract executed October 26, 1994, between you and them.

Our clients became aware through the press, by radio, and television that you, Herr Rudolf, were sentenced to 14 months imprisonment by the District Court of Stuttgart for the crime of incitement to racial hatred. Our clients therefore no longer desire to continue the lease.

I am required to demand of you to depart from the dwelling no later than

July 31, 1995

and to surrender the premises to our clients in the agreed-upon condition.

If you fail to comply with this demand, we are authorized to file a complaint without delay."

When Rudolf requested his landlord to withdraw the termination, threatening otherwise he would file a counter-complaint, the landlord threatened eviction. For private reasons, among them that his wife was expecting her second child, he submitted, found a new residence and settled with his landlord out of court.

Seventh Step: Special Treatment

On May 5, 1995, the GRÜNE/Alternative Liste (a radical-left environmental splinter party) of the parliament of Hamburg demanded access to court records in the Rudolf case. Though denied at first, a subsequent request for records access on July 3, 1995, apparently succeeded,[49] although it is not legal to grant access to the court records to outside persons who have no direct interest in a case. It is reasonable to fear that the records may have come into the hands of radical anti-fascist groups, where data on witnesses could be collected and compared.

The dot on the “i” was the request on October 16, 1994, of the Project for Study of Anti-Semitism, Faculty of Humanities of the University of Tel Aviv, in which a certain Sarah Rembiszewski requested information on the state of Rudolf’s prosecution.[50] The judges also were aware of the world-wide attention on the case. Tel Aviv also pressed for records access. Was it possible to hope that records access would remain denied despite the ever more strident pleas out of Tel Aviv, inasmuch as the research institute has no legal claim to such access? Under current law, access to court records cannot normally be granted to outside persons with no interest in a case. If it should turn out that Tel Aviv got access to the records without legal ground, that therefore Jews in Germany still receive Sonderbehandlung (special treatment),[51] presumably a copy of the records will soon appear in the offices of a university that probably would like to have intimate details of the revisionist scene in Germany. It is even likely the records will find their way to other offices where a more active use might be made of them.

Eighth Step: Destruction of the Family

After his 14 months prison sentence was confirmed in March 1996 by the German Federal Supreme Court, and considering the prospect of perhaps even more severe convictions in several other pending criminal investigations, probably ending with a summary sentence of up to four years in prison, Rudolf decided to leave Germany with his family and to settle in England, where he thought freedom of speech was more than mere lip service. Having built up a revisionist publishing company abroad, his wife decided at the end of 1998 that she could not bear the life in exile, permanently fearing the extradition of her husband, being separated from all her old friends and relatives, having difficulties to find new friends and acquaintances, and thus heavily suffering from homesickness. Hence, in early 1999, she and their two children returned to Germany and later started the divorce procedure from her husband, leaving him alone in exile.

In fall 1999, when the British media started a smear campaign against Rudolf, his wife’s nightmare came true: Rudolf became fair game of British politics, media and the justice system.[52] Before this witch hunt began, it had been possible for his wife and his children to visit Rudolf frequently. But ever since it has been extremely difficult, since Rudolf left Europe in late 1999 and entered the USA, where he applied for political asylum in October 2000. Especially the abandoned father and his two children suffered terribly under this situation of being almost totally isolated from each other.

In February 2000, Rudolf’s father urged him to get sterilized, since it would be irresponsible both for his first family as well as in general – considering the conditions he had to live in – to father any more children.[53] Fortunately Rudolf did not heed his father…

Formerly, the persecution of the Jews by some Germans led to consideration to get certain Jews sterilized. Today, the persecution of Germans, mainly promoted by some Jewish lobbies, leads to considerations to get Germans sterilized.

In August 2000, a week before he was legally divorced from his wife, Rudolf was told by his mother that his parents had disinherited him and entered his children in their last will instead.

Nineth Step: Loss of Freedom

Rudolf’s asylum case dragged on for many years and was finally decided – rejected – in early 2006. In the meantime Rudolf had married a U.S. citizen, and at the beginning of 2005 he had become the proud father of a daughter. Due to their marriage the Rudolf couple had applied for an adjustment of his immigrant status with the U.S. authorities in late 2004, so that his status as a visitor who had applied for political asylum would be changed to that of a legal permanent resident.

Following conventional procedure, the Rudolf couple was asked to appear at the nearest office of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services for an interview on Oct. 19, 2005, which is meant to verify that their marriage truly is a bona fide (real) one. Coming in with their baby in its stroller, it was a breeze for the Rudolf couple to get their marriage certified as genuine.[54]

Yet right after the officer had handed them the certificate of recognition, two other officers declared that Rudolf was under arrest for allegedly having missed an interview appointment five months earlier – which had actually never existed to begin with.[55] Although Rudolf’s lawyer tried to prevent his arrest, and although the local officer was inclined to heed this plea, an order came from Washington that very hour to arrest and prepare Rudolf for his deportation to Germany anyway. His recognized marriage to a U.S. citizen did not impress the U.S. officials at all. They simply claimed that no person who had entered the U.S. as a tourist “on parole” (which applied to Rudolf) had a right to even apply for adjustment of status, a claim which clearly contradicts statutory law, as was later confirmed.

Rudolf was subsequently shackled with hands and feet onto a long chain together with numerous criminals – like dangerous wild animals – and brought to the Kenosha County Jail (WI) awaiting his deportation. According to the wrist ID band he obtained in that prison, he was the only “non-criminal” inmate in the entire facility, which raised the eyebrows of both prisoners and guards.

The U.S. Federal Court in Atlanta dealing with Rudolf’s asylum case – which was still pending then! – turned down Rudolf’s request to have the deportation stayed until the Court had reached a decision. The U.S. Supreme Court did not even bother to look at the case.[56]

So the question is: what is an application for political asylum good for, if a government deports the asylum seeker before the court dealing with the case has decided whether the case has any merits?

And what is the value of the guarantee of due process – given to every person on U.S. soil by the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution – if the government can simply abort a pending legal review by deporting a defendant to a foreign dungeon? Or as Rudolf’s lawyer put it:[57]

“If all petitioners like Rudolf […] seeking judicial review of agency decisions to issue orders of removal could simply be taken into custody and removed, the Government could avoid judicial review of agency decisions altogether. […] Upon removal, Rudolf [was] separated from his U.S. citizen spouse and infant child and he [faced] continued persecution by the German government. […] After removal, these injuries could not then be redressed by any favorable ruling from this Court. Rudolf’s removal […] violate[ed] his right to due process under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.”

On November 14, 2005, Rudolf was notified that he will be banned from returning to the U.S for five years for having overstayed his tourist parole time (90 days). Then he was deported to Germany, where German officials immediately arrested him at the airport and ferried him to the Rottenburg prison in southwest Germany, so that he may serve the outstanding 14 months prison sentence. A few days later Rudolf was transferred to the Stuttgart jail, as the German authorities had realized that there are more cases pending against Rudolf for his publishing activities during the previous nine years while residing in England and the U.S. Although Rudolf’s publishing activities there were completely legal in those countries, the German authorities opine that they have to apply the German Penal Code on legal activities in foreign countries as soon as the “effects” of that crime are noticeable in Germany – that is: if the publication deemed illegal can be accessed in Germany via the Internet or if a hardcopy of it is imported to Germany.

When the Federal Court in Atlanta finally rendered a decision in the asylum case some three months after Rudolf’s deportation, it stated simply that the U.S. government has a right to deport any asylum seeker it wishes. Rudolf’s argument that his premature deportation was a crass violation of the right to due process as guaranteed by the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was simply hushed up and ignored in the Court’s decision.[58] That’s the way to render “justice” without creating untenable case law: simply sweep the core issues under the carpet and ignore all the evidence.

On the upside, however, the U.S. Federal Court in Atlanta declared as illegal the regulation which the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services had used to justify their refusal to adjudicate Rudolf’s application for adjustment of status to that of a permanent legal resident (or in plain English: they didn’t want to give Rudolf a so-called “green card,” but now they have to…). In summer of 2006 the U.S. government changed this illegal regulation by allowing future applications for permanent residency filed by tourists to be adjudicated. But the new version specifically excludes from an adjudication all old applications filed by persons who have already been deported. All attempts to get legal redress against this regulation failed, because Rudolf would have the opportunity to file a new application after his release from prison.

In the meantime, the new trial against Rudolf was initiated in Mannheim, Germany, in late 2006 and ended in early 2007 with a 30 months prison term for his scholarly writings.[59] Hence, together with his old sentence of 14 months, he had to serve 44 months altogether, which ended on July 5, 2009.

Immediately after his release from prison in Germany, he applied for a U.S. immigrant visa. While his application for a so-called “green card” was pending, he spent a year in England, where his U.S. wife and daughter joined him for five months and where he could give his eldest daughter from his first marriage an opportunity to spend one school year abroad, to become fluent in English, and to get to know her own father.

In April 2010 the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt indicated that the only thing barring them from issuing an immigrant visa to Rudolf is the still pending five year ban to return to the U.S. However, when this ban expired in November 2010, rather than issuing the visa, the consulate repeatedly postponed a decision and finally declared that it cannot foresee any resolution of Rudolf’s case. Against this ongoing procrastination by the U.S. authorities Rudolf filed a Writ of Mandamus on January 31, 2011, in order to force the U.S. government to adjudicate his pending application. After the Federal Judge assigned to the case refused to grant a government motion to have the case dismissed, the government finally started moving. End of May Rudolf was informed that his criminal convictions in Germany do not constitute crimes of moral turpitude in the U.S., which means that the government conceded that Rudolf was eligible for – and indeed entitled to – a “green card” without restrictions. An immigrant visa was finally issued in early July 2011, and not even a month later Germar Rudolf finally managed to return home to his wife and child.


[1] Written after reading the article by J. Lober in Staatsbriefe 7/95 mentioned in the beginning;
taken from Staatsbriefe 12/95, Verlag Castel del Monte, Postfach 14 06 28, 80456 Munich, pp. 10-15.
[2] Staatsbriefe 7/95
[3] Investigation File 1 in the trial against Germar Rudolf, District Court of Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94, sheet 15.
[4] The Remer Depesche had already appeared in Spring 1991, before Rudolf had begun his research as expert witness.
[5] Ref. 8 Js 13182/92, Investigation File 1 (District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94), sheet 17ff.
[6] Ibid., sheet 58.
[7] Ibid., sheet 63
[8] See chapter 6.3. of my expert report for this.
[9] Investigation File 1 (District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94), sheet 84f.
[10] Ibid., sheet 86.
[11] In the exhibits of the trial against Rudolf (District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94), Correspondence File K. Rudolf had added thanks for Körber’s Christmas present – his criminal complaint.
[12] Germar Rudolf’s doctoral supervisor, Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. H. G. von Schnering, as well as several other professors at the Max- Planck- Institute for Solid State Research received the pirated version on this day: decision, District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94, p. 126.
[13] A later letter of the Central Council of Jews to the President of the MPG on June 22, 1993, refers to this telephone call. Facsimile published in Wilhelm Schlesiger, Der Fall Rudolf, Cromwell, London 1994 (Engl. online: www.vho.org/GB/Books/trc/index.html); from the records of the Labor Court Stuttgart in the case Rudolf v. Max- Planck- Institute for Solid State Research, ref. 14 Ca 6663/93.
[14] According to information from his secretary, Prof. Simon knew what role he was being forced to play, but for opportunistic reasons he put his career and the reputation of the Max Planck Institute ahead of upholding the principles of scientific research; information received from my former wife who still workes at this institute. On this affair, cf. also Prof. Simon’s revealing statements and the discussion on the social taboo that must be observed by German scientists in: W. Schlesiger, Der Fall Rudolf, (note 13).
[15] This description is based on the transcript of Rudolf’s testimony from memory from this time, Computer Data File 2, (District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94), 175-220.
[16] Wiesbadener Kurier on 8./9. and 13. May 1993.
[17] Labor Court of Stuttgart, ref. 14 Ca 6663/93. A detailed description of the events in the Max Planck Institute and elsewhere about the Rudolf report during the year 1993, with a series of reproduced documents, can be found in the brochure W. Schlesiger, The Rudolf Case, op. cit. (note 13).
[18] Ref. IX 1496/79, decision on March 18, 1981. At that time, a person who had been convicted to five years imprisonment for a drug offense which was entered in his police record, was certified as having the necessary ethical qualification, and the University was ordered to admit him to the Rigorosum. In this decision, it was held that this Hitler law is still in effect because it does not contain National Socialist thinking and should be considered as having been legally enacted.
[19] Ref. 13 K 1329/94. After the prison sentence against Rudolf was announced, Rudolf’s doctoral supervisor commented that he would have to sit out his punishment before he could complete his doctoral program. Prof. von Schnering was apparently always ready to stand behind his candidate.
[20] See the letter of the University as well as Rudolf’s reaction (in German only online: vho.org/Authors/UniStgt.html and vho.org/Authors/RudolfUniStgt.html).
[21] There remained the non-ordinary way that he has followed successfully.
[22] Criminal indictment by the States Attorney of Stuttgart on 19. April 1994, ref. 4 Js 34417/93.
[23] Trial District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94, decision p. 239.
[24] Trial District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94, decision p. 15.
[25] Trial District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94, Letter of the 17th Criminal Justice Chamber of the District Court of Stuttgart to the Federal High Court (BGH) on April 21, 1994. Investigation File 2, sheet 768. Answer of the Federal High Court on April 26, 1994 with enclosure: decision on March 15, 1994 re: G. A. Deckert, ref. 1 StR 179/93.
[26] County Court of Böblingen, ref. 9 Gs 521/94. This case was later dropped due to lack of evidence.
[27] See Part II, chapter 5.2., of my expert report
[28] G. Rudolf and J. Markiewicz, W. Gubala, J. Labedz, "Briefwechsel", Sleipnir, 1(3) (1995) pp. 29-33; online: www.vho.org/D/Kardinal/LeuchterR.html; Engl.: www.vho.org/GB/Books/cq/leuchter.html
[29] See chapter see Part II., chapter 6, of my expert report.
Cf. also the article "The Media and the Case of Germar Rudolf", Part II, chapter 6, in my expert report.
[30] For example, in the South African newspaper The Citizen, June 24, 1995, p. 8.
[31] DPA news release on March 28, 1994, published in the German daily newspapers on March 29, 30, 31, 1994.
[32] Die Welt, April 5, 1995.
[33] Landesschau, Südwest 3, Dec. 27, 1994; Kreiszeitung – Böblinger Bote, March 29, 1995.
[34] Die Zeit, April 15, 1993, p. 44.
[35] Stuttgarter Zeitung, Nov. 23, 1994
[36] Die Welt, March 29, 1994.
[37] Stuttgarter Zeitung, Jan. 27, 1995
[38] A complaint against the Süddeutsche Zeitung was denied on account of errors of form, but the fee of ca. DM 5,000 (ca. $2,500) had to be paid anyway.
[39] A detailed critique of this broadcast can be found in: W. Schlesiger (note 13).
[40] Statement of witness Ursula Rudolf on March 24, 1995 in Trial District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94.
[41] Letter of the defendant to his godmother on April 30, 1994, introduced in the main trial proceeding on Feb. 23, 1995 in Trial District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94.
[42] Cartell-Verband der katholischen deutschen Studentenverbindungen (Cartel-Union of Catholic German Student Fraternities) (CV), with approximately 35,000 members.
[43] Written decision of the Conduct Court, e. v. AV Tuisconia Königsberg zu Bonn on Aug. 20, 1995, written by constitutional attorney Herbert Stomper. Rudolf’s appeal was rejected.
[44] The other three are: religio, scientia, amicitia.
[45] Testimony of union brother Dr. Markus Kiefer in the trial in the Conduct Court.
[46] So the statement of the landlord at the time, Karlheinz Bühler, to G. Rudolf in later Summer 1994.
[47] It was not necessary to give a reason, because by the German Civil Code (BGB) no reason for termination is necessary with respect to a two-family house in which the landlord himself lives.
[48] Facsimile reproduction of this document in Sleipnir 4/95, insider back cover.
[49] Sheet 1411 of the Records in Trial District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94, with the hand-written note by Dr. Mayer that access to the records should be granted after records had been returned by the defense.
[50] Investigation File 2, Sheet 876, in trial of District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94.
[51] From the letter of the defense attorney Dr. G. Herzogenrath-Amelung to the District Court of Stuttgart on this subject on Nov. 16, 1995, in Trial District Court Stuttgart, ref. 17 KLs 83/94.
[52] See chapter 11.5.
[53] Email from Georg Hermann Rudolf from February 19, 2000.
[54] See http://germarrudolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ApprovedMarriage.pdf.
[55] Rudolf was told during his arrest that this alleged appointment should have served to take his fingerprints and a passport-size portrait, although his fingerprints had already been taken back in 2001 and he had regularly sent in updated portraits every year during his asylum proceedings, the latest just in spring 2005. Later the U.S. government claimed that Rudolf was meant to present himself on April 7, 2005, for his deportation; see U.S. Immigrations and Customs Services, “ICE deports ‘Holocaust revisionist’ to Germany,” once at www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0511/051115chicago.htm, but now removed; cf. www.revisionisthistory.org/revisionist18.html.
[56] For both court’s rejections see http://germarrudolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Denial.pdf.
[57] Motion to the U.S. Supreme Court to stay Rudolf’s deportation, http://germarrudolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/USSCEmergencyApplication.pdf.
[58] See, http://germarrudolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/11CircuitDecision.pdf, p. 5.
[59] See here for the verdict itself and for Rudolf’s analysis of that verdict


9“Wir haben gottlob einen Rechtsstaat. Aber leider ist er nicht identisch mit dem Gebiet der Bundesrepublik Deutschland.”
Johannes Gross, Capital, 11/1994, S. 3

In der Bundesacht

Die Entrechtung unliebsamer Bürger

In der Antike wie im Mittelalter verfügten viele europäische Staaten über die rechtliche Möglichkeit, Bürgern aufgrund schwerwiegender Verfehlungen die Bürgerrechte zu entziehen. Mit der Schaffung säkularisierter Verfassungsstaaten verschwand diese Usance, bis sie im Dritten Reich als Gesinnungsstrafrecht wieder auftauchte. Die Bundesrepublik baute mit ihrem Artikel 18 Grundgesetz die Möglichkeit der weitgehenden Aberkennung von Bürgerrechten sogar in ihre Verfassung ein, schöpfte diese Vorschrift allerdings nicht aus. Jochen Lober hat aber gezeigt, daß die gleichen einschränkenden Auswirkungen auf das Bürgerrecht eines Staatsbürgers “durch unterverfassungsgesetzliche Regelungen abgelöst und ersetzt wurde[n]”(Staatsbriefe 7/95). Lobers anschließende Frage, ob mit der Neufassung des §130 StGB quasi eine Art Bundesacht eingeführt wurde, soll anhand meines eigenen Schicksals untersucht werden. Dabei wurde mein Schicksal nicht chronologisch, sondern eher phänomenologisch gegliedert, um das Augenmerk auf die Auswirkungen der Bundesacht auf einzelne Bürgerrechte zu richten.

Erster Schritt: Denunziation

Vom 20. bis zum 22.9.1991 fand in Nürnberg ein von der liberalen Thomas-Dehler-Stiftung veranstaltetes Seminar über den Holocaust-Revisio­nis­mus statt. Unter den etwa 40 Teilnehmern befand sich neben mir auch ein gewisser Dipl.-Phys. Hermann Körber aus Bünde. Letzterer fiel während des Seminars öfter unangenehm auf. So meinte er bei einem Diskussionsbeitrag, daß das deutsche Volk in Anbetracht der Verbrechen in der Zeit zwischen 1933 und 1945 nicht nur als Mördervolk, sondern vielmehr als Raubmördervolk zu bezeichnen sei. Er vertrat daneben die These, daß an den vielen Opfern unter Alten, Frauen und Kinder während des alliierten Luftbombardements allein die Deutschen schuldig seien, da sie den Luftkrieg begonnen (was nicht stimmt) und es bewußt versäumt hätten, die Zivilbevölkerung zu evakuieren (was angesichts der Kinderlandverschickung auch nicht stimmt). Körber bedrohte während des sonntäglichen Mittagessens einen an seinem Tisch sitzenden Seminarteilnehmer mit dem Tischmesser, da dieser seine Meinung über den Holocaust nicht teilen wollte, und beschimpfte schließlich beim Abschied der Teilnehmer am Sonntag Nachmittag meinen Freund Winfried Zwerenz und mich lauthals als Schweine, da wir es uns erlaubt hatten, aufgrund naturwissenschaftlich-tech­ni­scher Argumente von der Meinung des Herrn Körber abzuweichen.

Am 5.11.1992 erstattete dieser Hermann Körber beim Staatsanwalt Baumann in Schweinfurt Strafanzeige gegen mich wegen Anstiftung des Otto Ernst Remer zur Volksverhetzung.[1] Nach Körbers Ansicht soll ich durch mein “Gutachten über die Bildung und Nachweisbarkeit von Cyanidverbindungen in den ‘Gaskam­mern’ von Auschwitz” Remer erst zu seiner Publikationstätigkeit in Sachen Holocaust in seiner Remer Depesche getrieben haben.[2] Daraufhin wurde von der Staatsanwaltschaft Schweinfurt gegen mich ein Strafermittlungsverfahren wegen Anstiftung zur Volksverhetzung u.a. eingeleitet, zu dem neben mir auch O.E. Remer vernommen wurde.[3] Wir beide verweigerten jedoch unabhängig voneinander die Aussage.

Am 19.4.1993 schließlich machte Körber im Präsidialbüro in Bielefeld eine Zeugenaussage, in der er behauptete:[4]

“Als Diplom-Chemiker weiß Rudolf und muß er wissen, daß seine Thesen wissenschaftlich abwegig sind. […]

Es kann auch bewiesen werden, daß das, was der Rudolf dem Remer suggeriert hat, tatsächlich Schwindel ist.”

Zum Beweis seiner Behauptung, ich schwin­dele wissentlich, machte Körber am 27.4.1992 eine weitere Aussage, worin er meine seriös vorgebrachten sachlichen Argumente in einem Briefwechsel mit Werner Wegner ebenfalls als Anstiftung zur Volksverhetzung interpretiert und mein Bestehen auf die Überlegenheit von eindeutigen Sachbeweisen über zweideutige Dokumentenbeweise als “unwissenschaftliche und unsachliche Vorgehensweise” bezeichnete.[5]

In einer weiteren Vernehmung am 30.4.1993 behauptete Körber wahrheitswidrig, ich vertrete

“die Leuchtersche These, daß für das gesamte Lager Auschwitz, zumindest für die Gebäude, eine Explosionsgefahr bestanden hätte, sofern dort mit Zyklon B vergast worden wäre.”

Tatsächlich hatte ich festgestellt, daß bei Einsatz extrem hoher Zyklon-B-Mengen zur minuten- oder gar sekundenschnellen Exekution, wie es die Zeugen berichten, in der Nähe des Zyklon-B-Präparates mit Sicherheitsproblemen bezüglich explosiver Blausäuremengen zu rechnen sei.[6] Von einer allgemeinen Explosionsgefahr habe ich weder je gesprochen noch geschrieben.

Der rührige Zeuge Körber wurde am 26. Mai 1993 erneut vorstellig, um die in verschiedenen Ausgaben der Remer Depesche gemachten Angaben über das Rudolf Gutachten mir als Anstifter in die Schuhe zu schieben. Körber bezichtigt mich zudem, bei meinen, wegen der Ablehnung der Gerichte gescheiterten Versuchen, als Sachverständiger aufzutreten, habe es sich “um eine Verabredung zur Falschaussage (ev. zum Meineid) gehandelt”.[7] Am 7. Juni wiederholte er seine Anschuldigungen, ich hätte Remer zu dessen Straftaten in der Remer Depesche angestiftet, und bot Beweismittel an, um die drohende Einstellung des Verfahrens zu verhindern.[8]

Interessant an den Angaben des Zeugen Körber ist sein völliges Verschweigen der Tatsache, daß ich ihm im Januar 1993 einen ausführlichen Brief schrieb, in dem ich anhand ausführlicher Argumente darlegte, warum ich der Überzeugung bin, daß die Schlußfolgerungen meines Gutachtens richtig sind.[9] Körber hat auf diese Argumente nie geantwortet. Seine einzige Reaktion war, nachfolgend bei der Polizei falsche Angaben über mich zu machen.

Dieses Ermittlungsverfahren wurde Mitte April 1993 mit einem weiteren, bei der Staatsanwaltschaft Stuttgart anhängigen Verfahren gegen mich vereinigt. Letzteres wurde eröffnet aufgrund der Verbreitung einer mit Kommentaren versehenen Fassung meines Gutachtens durch Generalmajor a.D. O.E. Remer.

Am 16. April 1993 gingen die ersten Exemplare von Remers Fassung bei verschiedenen exponierten Persönlichkeiten von Politik, Justiz und Wissenschaft ein.[10] Am gleichen Tag erhielt der Präsident der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Prof. Dr. Hanns F. Zacher, vom Vorsitzenden des Direktoriums des Zentralrates der Juden, Ignatz Bubis, einen Anruf, in dem Herr Bubis Herrn Prof. Zacher seine Besorgnis über die Wirkung des Gutachtens des bei der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft beschäftigten Dipl.-Chem. Germar Rudolf mitteilt.[11] Was Herr Prof. Zacher auf diesen Anruf hin unternahm, ist unbekannt. Jedenfalls erfolgte damals keine Initiative seitens des Präsidiums der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, das Arbeitsverhältnis mit mir zu beenden. Gleichwohl wurde signalisiert, daß dem Wunsch Prof. von Schnerings, mein Stipendium nach Abschluß der Promotion um zwei Jahre bis 1995 zu verlängern, nicht entsprochen werden könne.[12]

Mitte Mai 1993 bekam ich an meinem Arbeitsplatz zwei Anrufe von Vertretern der Medien (stern, SAT 1) wegen Remers Gutachten-Versand. Bei einem dieser Anrufe war eine Kommilitonin von mir im Raume anwesend. Diese berichtete von dem Gespräch beiläufig einem anderen Kommilitonen, Jörg Sassmannshausen, der diesen Vorgang daraufhin dem geschäftsführenden Direktor des Max-Planck-Instituts, Prof. Arndt Simon, meldete. Daraufhin wurde ich gebeten, mich nur noch nach vorheriger Aufforderung durch meinen Doktorvater Prof. Dr. H.G. von Schnering am Max-Planck-Institut in Stuttgart aufzuhalten, damit es zu keinen weiteren Kontakten mit Medienvertretern im Hause kommen könne. Mein Arbeitsvertrag, der mir ein Recht zugestand, meinen Arbeitsplatz zu betreten, blieb davon allerdings unberührt.

Neun Tage nach der zusätzlich schriftlich erfolgten Aussprache dieser Bitte betrat ich erstmalig wieder das Max-Planck-Institut, um einige Kopien zu machen und um mit meinem Doktorvater Schnering das Prozedere der Vervielfältigung meiner Doktorarbeit zu besprechen. Dabei betrat ich bewußt nicht meine Arbeitsräume, um nicht in die Verlegenheit zu kommen, wiederum mit Medienanfragen konfrontiert zu werden. Ich wurde von Mitarbeitern des Instituts im Hause gesehen, die dies umgehend dem geschäftsführenden Direktor meldeten.

Zweiter Schritt: Berufliche Ruinierung

Da ich es unterließ, vor diesem Betreten des Instituts meinen Doktorvater Schnering um Erlaubnis zu bitten, wurde ich am Tag danach aufgefordert, am folgenden Werktag die fristlose Kündigung meines Arbeitsvertrages entgegenzunehmen.[13] Primär wurde dies allerdings damit begründet, daß ich im Zusammenhang mit meinem Gutachten Briefe mit dem Briefkopf des Max-Planck-Instituts verwendet hätte. So hätte ich zu einem Zeitpunkt, als das von mir privat beauftragte Institut Fresenius bereits dabei war, meine Gemäuerproben aus Auschwitz auf Cyanidrückstände zu untersuchen, diesem auf einem Papier mit dem Briefkopf des Max-Planck-Instituts eine Auftragsspezifizierung und detaillierte Probenbeschreibung übergeben. Da der Mißbrauch offizieller Briefköpfe für private Zwecke am Max-Planck-Institut zwischenzeitlich allgemein üblich geworden war – der damals von allen Angestellten genutzte Zentralrechner druckte den Briefkopf automatisch auf alle ausgedruckten Dokumente –, war dieser bereits im Monat zuvor bekannt gewordene und diskutierte Mißbrauch meinerseits als “kleines Dienstvergehen”, sprich als Bagatelle angesehen und nicht weiter verfolgt worden. Allerdings sei durch diese spezielle Briefkopfverwendung, die der Geschäftsleitung erst durch neuerliche Pressemeldungen bekannt geworden sei,[14] das Max-Planck-Institut in direkten Zusammenhang mit meinem Gutachten gebracht worden, weshalb man dann die fristlose Kündigung aussprach.

Offensichtlich angesichts ausbleibender Antwort der Max-Planck-Ge­sellschaft auf das Vorsprechen von I. Bubis (s.o.) sah sich der Zentralrat der Juden am 22. Juni 1993 genötigt, den Präsidenten der Max-Planck-Ge­sell­schaft darauf aufmerksam zu machen, daß man von ihm erwarte, durch geeignete Maßnahmen seiner Gesellschaft die weitere Betätigung des Gutachters Germar Rudolf zu verhindern. Der Präsident der Max-Planck-Ge­sell­schaft meldete dem Zentralrat am 14. Juli 1993, daß mit der bereits erfolgten fristlosen Kündigung des Dienstverhältnisses die Einflußmöglich­keiten der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft auf mein Verhalten erschöpft seien.11

Mein sich an die fristlose Kündigung anschließend Arbeitsgerichts­pro­zeß gegen das Max-Planck-Institut drehte sich um die Frage, ob das allgemein praktizierte und auch im Fall Rudolf prinzipiell schon lange bekannte kleine Dienstvergehen “private Verwendung offizieller Briefköpfe” dann zu einem Grund einer fristlosen Kündigung werde, wenn das Auschwitz-Thema tangiert wird. Die Arbeitsrichterin Stolz stellte diesbezüglich klar, daß man einem Angestellten, der Ansichten pflege wie ich, jederzeit kündigen könne. Dies bedeutet in etwa, daß ich und meine Gesinnungsgenossen arbeitsrechtlich vogelfrei sind. Aus Gründen der sozialen Fürsorge zeigte sich das Max-Planck-Institut selbst in einer solchen Lage bereit, mit mir eine außergerichtliche Einigung einzugehen, nach der die fristlose Kündigung aufgehoben und durch eine einvernehmliche Aufhebung des Arbeitsvertrages zum gleichen Zeitpunkt und unter Ausschluß aller Ansprüche ersetzt wird.[15]

Trotz dieser Verstimmung zwischen mir und meinem nun ehemaligen Arbeitgeber hielt mein Doktorvater Prof. H.G. von Schnering weiter an mir als seinem Doktoranden fest und bescheinigte mir im Juli 1993, die für die Ablegung des Rigorosums nötige fachliche wie menschliche Reife zu besitzen. Daraufhin reichte ich im Juli 1993 meine Doktorarbeit mit allen notwendigen Unterlagen bei der Universität Stuttgart ein und stellte den Antrag zur Zulassung zum Rigorosum. Diese Zulassung jedoch wurde mir bis in den Herbst 1993 nicht erteilt. Auf Nachfrage bei der Universität erklärte diese, daß mein Promotionsverfahren ausgesetzt worden sei, da in Anbetracht der Strafermittlungsverfahren gegen mich wie gegen O.E. Remer wegen Verbreitung der Remerschen Fassung meines Gutachtens fraglich sei, ob die für die Promotion vorausgesetzte Würde des Bewerbers gegeben sei.

Grundlage dieser Entscheidung ist ausgerechnet der §4 des 1939 von Adolf Hitler erlassenen und bis heute gültigen Gesetzes zur Führung akademischer Grade. Danach kann ein akademischer Grad entzogen (bez. vorenthalten) werden, wenn man nicht die notwendige Würde besitzt.[16] Nach einer Entscheidung des Verwaltungsgerichtshofes Baden-Württemberg kann die Würde nur dann nicht gegeben sein, wenn eine rechtskräftige Verurteilung wegen einer schweren Straftat vorliegt, die zu einem Eintrag ins polizeiliche Führungszeugnis geführt hat.[17]

Da ich zum Zeitpunkt meines Antrages zur Zulassung zum Rigorosum erstens nicht rechtskräftig verurteilt und zweitens ein solches Urteil meiner Ansicht nach auch nicht zu erwarten war, strengte ich beim Verwaltungsgericht Stuttgart eine Untätigkeitsklage gegen die Universität Stuttgart an. Das Verwaltungsgericht wurde jedoch auf Antrag der Universität Stuttgart seinerseits nicht tätig, da erst die Entscheidung im anstehenden Strafverfahren gegen mich abzuwarten sei, bevor eine Entscheidung darüber gefällt werden könne, ob ich die Voraussetzungen zur Promotion erfülle. Kurz vor der Bestätigung des erstinstanzlichen Urteils gegen mich forderte die Universität Stuttgart mich dann schließlich auf, mein Promotionsgesuch zurückzuziehen, weil es sonst mit ziemlicher Gewißheit wegen meiner schwerwiegenden strafrechtlichen Verurteilung abgelehnt werden würde. Da ich mir die Möglichkeit offenhalten wollte, meine Doktorarbeit im Ausland einzureichen – eine einmal ab­gelehnte Doktorarbeit läuft Gefahr, nirgendwo auf der Welt mehr akzeptiert zu werden –, zog ich meinen Antrag zur Zulassung zum Rigorosum im Juni 1996 zurück.[18]

Im Herbst 1994 erhielt ich dank glücklicher Umstände eine Anstellung als Außendienstmitarbeiter zum Vertrieb von Korrosionsschutzprodukten. Im Zuge der Recherchen der linken Journalistin F. Hundseder gegen “rechte Unternehmer” stieß diese zufällig auf die Tatsache, daß ich bei einem dieser Unternehmer angestellt war. In ihrem Beitrag in der Mitte Mai 1995 ausgestrahlten ARD-Sendung Panorama stellte sie diese Entdeckung als Skandal dar und beschrieb sowohl den Arbeitgeber als auch dessen Angestellten Rudolf als schlimmste Neonazis. Daraufhin geriet das Unternehmen, bei dem ich angestellt war, von Seiten der Kunden, Lieferanten, Mitarbeiter und Wettbewerber dermaßen unter Druck, daß der Arbeitsvertrag mit mir im gegenseitigen Einvernehmen aufgelöst werden mußte, um größeren Schaden vom Unternehmen abzuwenden. Diese mediale Denunziation führte innerhalb weniger Tage zu meiner Arbeitslosigkeit.

Gebe ich bei zukünftigen Bewerbungen meine revisionistischen Aktivitäten nicht an, so ist das Bekanntwerden dieses Umstandes nach der momentanen arbeitsrechtlichen Lage jederzeit ein Kündigungsgrund für meinen Arbeitgeber. Gebe ich sie dagegen pflichtgemäß bei meinen Bewerbungen an, so kann ich auf normalem Weg[19] in Deutschland keine Anstellung mehr finden.

Nachdem ich seit 1996 im Ausland erfolgreich meinen eigenen Verlag für dissidente Geschichtsliteratur aufgebaut hatte, ließ sich der seit Anfang der 1990er Jahre als eifrigster Dissidenten-Verfolger hervorgetretene Mannheimer Staatsanwalt Hans Heiko Klein etwas Besonderes einfallen, um mir auch im Ausland mein wirtschaftliches Leben so schwer wie möglich zu machen: Er erwirkte, daß sämtliche Umsätze, die ich seit 1996 durch den Verkauf dissidenter Geschichtsliteratur hatte, beschlagnahmt wurden. Da sich nur mein deutsches Bankkonto im Zugriffsbereich der deutschen Justiz befand, wurde dieses Ende August 2004 gepfändet. Da laut Staatsanwalt Klein etwa 55% meines Bücherangebots aus verbotenen Schriften bestünden, seien auch 55% aller jemals durch dieses Konto geflossenen Beträge an den deutschen Staat zu zahlen. Aus den beschlagnahmten Kontoauszügen mehrerer Jahre ergab dies eine Summe von 213.927,63 Euro. Da sich zum Zeitpunkt der Beschlagnahmung nur eine kleine Summe auf dem Konto befand, kam Hans Heiko Klein auf die glorreiche Idee, kurzerhand das Eigentum eines Unterschriftsbevollmächtigten dieses Kontos zu pfänden, der keinerlei Kenntnisse darüber hatte, was sich auf dem Konto zutrug.[20] Zudem nahm H.H. Klein diesen Bevollmächtigten kurzerhand wegen Beihilfe in Untersuchungshaft, aus der dieser nur nach Hinterlegung einer Kaution von 300.000 Euro entlassen wurde.[21] Man kann sich daher vorstellen, welche Rechnung ich präsentiert bekäme, sollte ich jemals nach Deutschland zurückkehren. 55% des Gesamtumsatzes aus einer seit 1996 andauernden Geschäftstätigkeit, die mittlerweile einige Teilzeitkräfte beschäftigt, gehen weit über das hinaus, was ich jemals würde zahlen können. Der totale wirtschaftliche Ruin ist mir also sicher.

Dritter Schritt: Strafrechtliche Verfolgung

Angeklagt wurde ich nicht nur wegen der Kommentare Remers, die mir (fälschlicherweise) zugerechnet wurde, sondern auch wegen der rein wissenschaftlichen Schlußfolgerungen meines Gutachtens.[22] In der Hauptverhandlung selbst stellte der Vorsitzende Richter Dr. Dietmar Mayer allerdings zu Beginn fest, daß die Kompetenz des Gerichts nicht ausreiche, um zu beurteilen, ob das Gutachten an sich wissenschaftlich sei oder nicht. Infolgedessen wurde der Inhalt meines Gutachtens im Verfahren selbst nicht behandelt, sondern nur die Frage, ob mir die Kommentare Remers zuzurechnen seien.

In seiner Urteilsbegründung machte das Gericht keinen Hehl daraus, daß es die revisionistischen Auffassungen an sich für verwerflich und somit für strafverschärfend hält.[23] Meine darauf folgende Verurteilung zu 14 Monaten Haft ohne Bewährung jedoch stützte sich auf die falsche These, ich hätte die mit Kommentaren versehene Fassung meines Gutachtens zumindest willentlich mitgetragen. Da die vom Gericht in der 240-seitigen Urteilsbegründung mühevoll aufgebaute Indizienkette in entscheidenden Punkten der Beweislage zuwiderläuft, hat das Gericht die zentralen gegenläufigen Beweise schlicht übersehen.

Die im Rudolf Gutachten selbst abgehandelten chemischen wie bautechnischen Probleme der Baulichkeiten in Auschwitz selbst wurden vom Gericht als “schwer aufklärbare Details der nationalsozialistischen Massenverbrechen” bezeichnet, mitnichten also als offenkundig geklärte.[24] Dementsprechend sollten die von mir im Juli 1993 publizierte “politik­freie” Fassung meines Gutachtens[25] sowie die sich daran anschließenden fremdsprachigen und neueren Auflagen eigentlich frei verkäuflich sein, worüber die deutschen Gerichte aber inzwischen zu anderer Auffassung gelangt sind.[26]

Unter welchem Stern der im Sommer 1995 abgeschlossene Strafprozeß gegen mich wegen Remers Versandaktion stand, wird an Hand eines Dokumentes schlagartig erhellt: Meine Richter am Landgericht Stuttgart wollten dafür Sorge tragen, daß sie nicht wie die Richter des Landgerichts Mannheim im Fall Deckert unter die Räder von Denunziation und Inquisition kommen.[27] Sie frugen daher vor der Eröffnung der Hauptverhandlung gegen mich vorsorglich beim BGH bezüglich dessen Entscheidung gegen Günter Deckert an und erhielten diese umgehend.[28] Da der BGH das Deckert-Urteil solange revidierte, bis eine Freiheitsstrafe ohne Bewährung feststand, mußte im Vorfeld schon klar sein, daß auch in meinem Fall nichts anderes als eine Freiheitsstrafe ohne Bewährung das Ergebnis des Verfahrens sein konnte.

Gegen mich liefen neben dem oben erwähnten Verfahren damals noch drei weitere Strafermittlungsverfahren. In dem ersten wurde mir fälschlicherweise vorgeworfen, ich sei haupt- oder zumindest mitverantwortlich für die Herausgabe der Zeitungen Remer Depesche und Deutschland Report.[29] Das zweite befaßte sich mit meiner Herausgeberschaft des Werkes Grundlagen zur Zeitgeschichte.[30] Das dritte richtete sich schließlich gegen einen in der kleinen Berliner Zeitschrift Sleipnir, Heft 3/1995, publizierten Briefwechsel, den ich mit dem Krakauer Gerichtsmedizinischen Jan-Sehn-Institut über chemische Streitfragen um die Gaskammern von Auschwitz geführt hatte.[31]

Bei solcher Verfolgungswut war schon damals damit zu rechnen, daß dies nicht die letzten Maßnahmen gegen mich sein würden, insbesondere wenn ich es wagen sollte, mich gegen Angriffe auf meine Person durch Publikationen zur Wehr zu setzen. Angesichts der Tatsache, daß es dem Landgericht Stuttgart gelungen war, mich trotz meiner Unschuld und gegen die Beweislage schuldig zu sprechen, war zu befürchten, daß auch in den drei damals noch anstehenden Verfahren eine Verurteilung des unschuldig Verfolgten erfolgt wäre, ich also mehrere, sich ständig steigernde Haftstrafen abzusitzen gehabt hätte.

Bei den in den Jahre 1993-1995 bei mir durchgeführten drei Hausdurchsuchungen wurden mir jedesmal Bücher, Archivunterlagen, Briefwechsel, Datenmaterial und meine Rechneranlagen beschlagnahmt. Der Schaden war nicht nur materieller Art, sondern vor allem auch ideeller Natur durch den Verlust von Daten und Archivalien. Vor allem aber konnte ich damals praktisch nicht mehr wissenschaftlich arbeiten und mich vor Gericht auch nicht mehr sachgemäß verteidigen, da mir ständig alle Unterlagen hierzu beschlagnahmt wurden. Sogar die etablierte Literatur über den Holocaust wurde konfisziert.

Welche psychischen Belastungen sich aus den jahrelangen strafrechtlichen Verfahren für einen unschuldig Verfolgten ergeben, kann nur ermessen, wer dies selbst erlebt hat. Zu diesen psychischen Belastungen kommen noch die Prozeßkosten, die damals kaum zu beziffern waren und sich summarisch auf viele hunderttausend Mark belaufen dürften, so daß man mit Fug und Recht hätte sagen können, daß ich nach Abschluß der gegen mich geführten Verfahren für unabsehbare Zeit finanziell ruiniert gewesen wäre – ganz abgesehen von der Tatsache, daß ich ohnehin auf absehbare Zeit in Deutschland keine Chance gehabt hätte, diese Lasten durch eine reguläre Berufstätigkeit abzutragen.

Vierter Schritt: Rufmord

Am Ende des Arbeitsgerichtsprozesses gegen das Max-Planck-Institut brachte die Deutsche Presseagentur eine Falschmeldung über mein Gutachten, in der es unter anderem hieß:[32]

“Die Max-Planck-Gesellschaft hat nach Auskunft ihres Pressesprechers keinen Beweis dafür, daß die Proben [Rudolfs] wirklich aus Auschwitz stammen. Sollten sie aber von dort stammen, ist es nach Expertenmeinung alles andere als ein Wunder, daß keine Blausäurespuren gefunden wurden, weil Cyanidverbindungen sehr schnell zerfallen. Im Boden geschehe dies schon nach sechs bis acht Wochen; im Gestein könnten sich die Verbindungen nur unter ‘absoluten Konservierungsbedingungen, unter völligem Ausschluß von Luft und Bakterien’ halten.”

Ich habe nicht nur nachgewiesen, daß die dpa die in dieser Meldung zitierte Expertenmeinung frei erfunden hat ­– die Max-Planck-Gesellschaft distanzierte sich von der Meldung –, sondern auch, daß die auf dieser Phantommeinung aufbauende Aussage dermaßen falsch ist, daß sie von keinem Experten der Welt getätigt werden würde.[33] Dies hindert die Medien freilich nicht daran, diese Meldung immer wieder zu verbreiten und als Beweis für die angeblich “offenkundige” Falschheit meines Gutachtens anzuführen.[34] Inzwischen geistert diese Meldung sogar in den Medien des Auslands herum[35] und fand ohne Quellenangabe Eingang in den 1995er Verfassungsschutzbericht des Freistaates Bayern. Seither werde ich in den Medien nur noch als Rechtsradikaler,[36] Rechtsextremist,[37] Neo-/Nazi[38] und brauner Doktorand[39] diffamiert. Mein Gutachten wird grundsätzlich in Anführungszeichen gesetzt, als Mach­werk[40] oder schlicht als “falsches Gutachten”[41] bezeichnet. Unfundierte Vorwürfe der Ausländerfeindlichkeit[42] werden begleitet von der falschen, aber mit um so mehr Inbrunst vorgetragenen Feststellung des Richters Dr. Mayer, ich sei von tiefem Antisemitismus geprägt.

Schon 1994 hatte ich mit meinen Versuchen, die ehrrührigen Angriffe gegen meine Person durch die Erwirkung von Gegendarstellungen abzuwehren, keinen Erfolg, was damals aber eher an fehlenden finanziellen Möglichkeiten lag als an Niederlagen vor Gericht.[43]

Mit welchen Entscheidungen man auch im Ausland rechnen muß, hat jüngst das Schweizer Bundesgericht geklärt. Danach ist es erlaubt, die Holocaust-Revi­sio­ni­stin Mariette Paschoud als “braune Mariette” (d.h. als Nazi) zu bezeichnen, denn die Forderungen der Revisio­nisten nach einem einzigen Beweis für die Existenz der Nazigaskammern sei

“angesichts des vorhandenen Beweismaterials derart absurd, daß sich, auch wenn andere Motive theoretisch immer denkbar sind, der Schluß auf eine Sympathie zum nationalsozialistischen Regime in einem Maße aufdrängt, welches für das Gelingen des Wahrheitsbeweises [der Vermutung, daß die Revisionisten Nazis sind] ausreicht.”[44]

Selbst die Forderung der Revisionisten nach dem bisher fehlenden Nachweis der technischen Möglichkeit der behaupteten Massenvernichtungen konnte das Gericht nicht aus der Fassung bringen:

“In Sachen MARIETTE PASCHOUD gegen DIETER STAMM verfügt das Schweizerische Bundesgericht:

Die Gaskammern haben existiert,
folglich müssen sie auch technisch möglich gewesen sein!
Es ist darum absurd, Beweise zu verlangen.”[45]

Die Hexerei hat existiert,
folglich muß sie auch technisch möglich gewesen sein!
Es ist darum absurd, Beweise zu verlangen.

Angesichts dieser Axiomatik, die mit Logik nichts mehr zu tun hat, kann man nur noch schweigen. Analog dazu verhält sich die deutsche Rechtsprechung. Da ich nunmehr wegen einer angeblichen Straftat verurteilt bin, bin ich nun erst recht für die Medien zum Freiwild geworden.

Fünfter Schritt: Zerstörung des privaten Umfeldes

Als mich die ARD im Frühjahr 1994 in der Polit-Reportage Report auf übelste Weise in den Schmutz zog,[46] distanzierten sich meine Eltern von mir und sagten ihre Teilnahme an meiner wenige Wochen danach anstehenden Hochzeit ab. Mit Ausnahme meiner Geschwister schlossen sich dem alle meine Verwandten an.[47] Meine Patentante Hannelore Dörschler distanzierte sich sogar ausdrücklich von den Ansichten jener Leute, mit denen ich mich ihrer Ansicht nach damals umgab, wobei sie sich offenbar auf die in der Report-Sendung erwähnten Personen bezog, ohne allerdings zu wissen, mit welchen Personen ich mich damals tatsächlich umgab und welche Ansichten diese haben.[48]

Seit dem 2.11.1983 war ich Mitglied der Katholischen Deutschen Studentenverbindung AV Tuisconia Königsberg zu Bonn. Diese Studentenverbindung ist Mitglied eines Dachverbandes, der sich selbst als größten Akademikerverband Europas bezeichnet, und der so bekannte Persönlichkeiten wie Josef Kardinal Höffner, Joseph Kardinal Ratzinger, Friedrich Kardinal Wetter, Erzbischof Johannes Dyba, Franz-Josef Strauß, Philipp Jenninger, Matthias Wissmann, Alexander von Stahl, Herbert Hupka, Rainer Barzel, Otto von Habsburg, Friedrich Wilhelm Fürst von Hohenzollern, Prof. Peter Berglar, Prof. Josef Stingl, Thomas Gottschalk usw. usf. angehör(t)en.[49]

Mit Bekanntwerden meiner revisionistischen Tätigkeit im Frühjahr 1994 übte dieser Verband auf meine Verbindung Druck aus, mich auszuschließen. Meine Verbindung führte daher im Frühjahr 1994 eine Sitzung verschiedener ihrer Mitglieder durch, bei der ohne mein Wissen und in meiner Abwesenheit über meine revisionistische Tätigkeit diskutiert wurde. Daran schloß sich ein Ausschlußverfahren an, worauf ich nach meiner Anhörung am 20.8.1994 im Herbst 1994 aus der Verbindung ausgeschlossen wurde.

Begründet wurde dieser Ausschluß in erster Linie wie folgt:[50]

“Der Holocaust und dessen Eingeständnis ist die normative Grundlage unserer Verfassung. Die Legitimität – im Sinne von Anerkennungswürdigkeit verstanden – des Grundgesetzes bezieht sich auf das Anerkenntnis nationalsozialistischer Verbrechen, denen Juden durch technische Vernichtung massenhaft zum Opfer gefallen sind. Dadurch, daß Bbr. [Bundesbru­der] Rudolf den Holocaust als gezielte Vernichtung der Juden in Frage stellt, stellt er auch den normativen Konsens, auf dem das Grundgesetz basiert, infrage.

Inhalt (normativer Konsens) und Form (Institutions­gefüge) des Grundgesetzes sind untrennbar miteinander verwoben und dürfen in ihrer Substanz nicht verändert werden.

Damit verletzt Bbr. Rudolf auch unser Prinzip Patria.”

Das Prinzip Patria ist eines der vier Prinzipien des CDU-nahen Dachverbandes.[51] Dieses Prinzip wird heute in erster Linie als Verfassungspatriotismus verstanden. Zu beurteilen, wie es mit der geistigen Gesundheit des Rechtsanwaltes steht, der solches formulierte, bleibt dem Leser selbst überlassen. Tatsache ist, daß die Entscheidung, mich hinauszuwerfen, aufgrund des vom Dachverband ausgeübten Druckes nicht zu umgehen war, auch wenn man offen zugab, daß ohne diesen äußeren Druck anders entschieden worden wäre.[52]

Sechster Schritt: Obdachlosigkeit

Als meine Wohnung am 18.8.1994 zum zweiten Mal durchsucht wurde, wurde ich anschließend in der Presse als bekannte rechtsextremistische Persönlichkeit beschrieben. Daraufhin sah sich die Gemeinde Jettingen, in der ich damals wohnte, offenbar genötigt, etwas zu unternehmen, um diesen unliebsamen Bürger loszuwerden. Man machte in der Folge meinem Vermieter deutlich, daß die Gemeinde es nicht wünsche, daß er an mich eine Wohnung vermiete. Weiterhin müsse auch der Vermieter ein Interesse daran haben, diesen Mieter loszuwerden, da er in Zukunft damit rechnen müsse, daß z.B. sein Sohn keine Freunde mehr mit nach Hause nehmen könne, da deren Eltern sie nicht in ein Haus gehen ließen, in dem Neonazis wohnen.[53] Daraufhin wurde mir zu einer Zeit, als meine Frau vier Wochen vor der Entbindung unseres ersten Kindes stand, die Wohnung gekündigt.[54]

Als die Vermieter der zwischenzeitlich neu bezogenen Wohnung durch die Medienberichterstattung von meiner am 23.6.1995 erfolgten Verurteilung zu 14 Monaten Haft erfuhren, ließen sie mir per Anwalt am 28. Juni 1995 folgendes mitteilen:[55]

“Namens und im Auftrag unserer Mandanten kündigen wir hiermit das zwischen Ihnen bestehende Mietverhältnis gemäß Mietvertrag vom 26.10.1994 fristlos.

Unseren Mandanten wurde durch Presse, Funk und Fernsehen bekannt, daß Sie, Herr [Rudolf[56]], vom Landgericht Stuttgart wegen Volksverhetzung zu 14 Monaten Haft verurteilt wurden. Eine Fortsetzung des Mietverhältnisses ist unseren Mandanten deshalb nicht mehr zumutbar.

Ich habe Sie aufzufordern, die Wohnung bis spätestens

31. Juli 1995

zu räumen und in vertragsgemäßem Zustand an unsere Mandanten herauszugeben.

Sollten Sie dieser Aufforderung nicht nachkommen, sind wir beauftragt, unverzüglich Klage einzureichen.”

Als ich meine Vermieter ultimativ aufforderte, diese Kündigung zurückzunehmen, da ich sie ansonsten verklagen würde, klagten die Vermieter auf Zwangsräumung. Aus mehreren privaten Gründen – meine Frau erwartete damals unser zweites Baby – gab ich schließlich nach, suchte uns eine neue Bleibe und einigte mich mit meinen Vermietern außergerichtlich.

Siebter Schritt: Sonderbehandlung

Die Bürgerschaftsfraktion der GRÜNEN/GAL in Hamburg forderte als Anzeigeerstatter am 5.5.1995 Akteneinsicht in meinen Fall. Zuerst abgelehnt, scheint eine nochmalige Bitte um Akteneinsicht vom 3.7.1995 bewilligt worden zu sein,[57] obwohl diesen außenstehenden Personen ein berechtigtes Interesse nicht zugesprochen werden kann. Es steht zu befürchten, daß die Akten direkt oder indirekt in radikal-antifaschistische Kreise gelangen, wo sie insbesondere auch bezüglich der Daten von Zeugen, die in meinem Strafverfahren auftraten, entsprechend ausgewertet werden dürften.

Das Tüpfelchen auf dem i stellt die Anfrage der Fakulty of Humanities, Project for Study of Anti-Semitism, der Universität Tel Aviv vom 16.10.1994 dar, in der eine Sarah Rembiszewski um Informationen über den Stand des Verfahrens bat.[58] Der Aufmerksamkeit der Welt werden sich die Richter also durchaus bewußt gewesen sein. Laut Aussage meines Verteidigers bat die obige Fakultät zwischenzeitlich ebenfalls um Akteneinsicht, die allerdings zunächst nicht gewährt wurde, da nach herrschendem Recht keiner außenstehenden Person Akteneinsicht gewährt wird.[59]

Achter Schritt: Zerstörung der Familie

Nach meiner endgültigen Verurteilung zu 14 Monaten Haft im März 1996 und der Aussicht vieler weiterer, womöglich schwerwiegenderer Verurteilungen in vielen weiteren angestrengten Verfahren, die zusammen wahrscheinlich zu einer Gesamtstrafe von bis zu vier Jahren oder mehr führen würden, entschloß ich mich, Deutschland mit meiner Familie zu verlassen und mich in England niederzulassen, wo meiner damaligen Auffassung nach die Redefreiheit mehr als ein Lippenbekenntnis war. Ich baute mir in der Folgezeit eine Existenz in England auf. Es war jedoch auch dort ständig damit zu rechnen, daß Deutschland früher oder später meine Auslieferung beantragen würde. Da meine Frau unter diesem Damoklesschwert nicht länger zu leben bereit war und ständig Heimweh nach ihrer Familie und ihren Freunden in Deutschland hatte, verließ sie mich im Winter 1998/99 und zog zusammen mit unseren zwei Kindern zurück nach Deutschland. Kurz darauf reichte sie die Scheidung ein, die im August 2000 wirksam wurde.

Als im Herbst 1999 die britischen Medien eine Hetzkampagne gegen mich starteten, wurde der von meiner Frau gefürchtete Alptraum wahr: Ich wurde zum international gehetzten Freiwild von Politik, Medien und Justiz.[60] Ich setzte mich daher Ende 1999 in die USA ab, wo ich um politisches Asyl bat, ein Antrag, gegen den sich die US-Regierung allerdings mit aller ihr zur Verfügung stehenden Macht wehrt.[61]

Neunter Schritt: Freiheitsverlust

Mein Asylfall in den USA zog sich in die Länge und mußte letztlich von einem US-Bundesgericht entschieden werden. Allerdings kam es gar nicht zu einer gerichtlichen Entscheidung, die diesen Namen wert ist, denn noch bevor eine Anhörung des Falls auch nur angesetzt worden war, wurde ich am 19. Oktober 2005 verhaftet und nach einer vierwöchigen Abschiebehaft nach Deutschland abgeschoben. Daß ich zwischenzeitlich eine US-Bürge­rin geheiratet hatte und stolzer Vater einer kleinen Tochter geworden war, interessierte die US-Behörden einen feuchten Kehricht. Die hatten gar die Frechheit, mich Sekunden nach der offiziellen Anerkennung meiner Ehe in Anwesenheit meiner Frau und Tochter in Handschellen zu legen. Die Anhörung meines Asylfalls vor einem US-Gericht drei Monate nach meiner Abschiebung war da nur noch eine Farce.[62]

In Deutschland wurde ich sofort in den nächstbesten Kerker geworfen, um nicht nur meine alte Strafe von 14 Monaten abzusitzen, sondern um zudem einem neuen Strafverfahren entgegenzusehen wegen meiner ausländischen Verlegertätigkeit in den Jahren 1996-2005. Dieses Verfahren endete mit einer erneuten Verurteilung zu 30 Monaten Haft.[63] Die Zeit zwischen dem 19. Oktober 2005 und dem 5. Juli 2009 atmete ich mithin gesiebte Luft.

SZ29.3.1994 Zentralrat-1 Zentralrat-2


Entnommen dem Buch von Germar Rudolf, Kardinalfragen an Deutschlands Politiker: Autobiographische Skizzen und Gedankensplitter zu Wissenschaft, Politik und Menschenrechten, zweite, revidierte und erweiterte Auflage, Juli 2012, Uckfield (East Sussex): Castle Hill Publishers

Erstellt nach Lektüre des eingangs erwähnten Beitrages von J. Lober in Staatsbriefe 7/95; entnommen den Staatsbriefen 12/95, Verlag Castel del Monte, Postfach 14 06 28, 80456 München, S. 10-15.

[1] Ermittlungsordner 1 im Verfahren gegen Germar Rudolf, Landgericht Stuttgart, Az. 17 KLs 83/94, Blatt 15.
[2] Tatsächlich erschien die Remer Depesche bereits seit dem Frühjahr 1991, als ich meine Gutachtertätigkeit noch gar nicht aufgenommen hatte.
[3] Az. 8 Js 13182/92, Ermittlungsordner 1 (Anm. 1), Blatt 17ff.
[4] Ebenda, Blatt 58.
[5] Ebenda, Blatt 63
[6] Rüdiger Kammerer, Armin Solms (Hg.), Das Rudolf Gutachten, Cromwell Press, London 1993, S. 38, 70; in 2. Auflage: G. Rudolf, Das Rudolf Gutachten, Castle Hill Publishers, Hastings 2001, S. 12, 95, 105f.
[7] Ermittlungsordner 1 (Anm. 1), Blatt 84f.
[8] Ebenda, Blatt 86.
[9] In den Asservaten des Verfahrens gegen Rudolf (Anm. 1), Korrespondenzordner K. Darin bedankte ich mich abschließend für Körbers Weihnachtsgeschenk, d.h. für seine Strafanzeige.
[10] Zumindest erhielten mein Doktorvater, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. H.G. von Schnering, sowie einige weitere Professoren am Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung das von Remer kommentierte Gutachten an diesem Tag: Urteil, Anm. 1, S. 126.
[11] Auf dieses Telefonat bezieht sich ein späteres Schreiben des Zentralrats der Juden an den Präsidenten der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft vom 22.6.1993. Faksimile publiziert am Ende dieses Beitrages, entstammend dem Akt des Arbeitsgerichts Stuttgart in der Sache Rudolf ·/· Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung, Az. 14 Ca 6663/93.
[12] Persönliche Mitteilung Prof. Dr. Dr. H.G. von Schnering.
[13] Diese Darstellung stützt sich auf meine Gedächtnisprotokolle aus dieser Zeit, EDV-Ordner 2, (Anm. 1), 175-220.
[14] Wiesbadener Kurier vom 8./9. und 13. Mai 1993.
[15] Arbeitsgericht Stuttgart, Az. 14 Ca 6663/93.
[16] Reichsgesetz über die Führung akademischer Grade, 7.6.1939 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, S. 985) wie auch Durchführungsverordnung, 21.7.1939 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, S. 1326).
[17] Az. IX 1496/79, Urteil vom 18.3.1981. Damals wurde einem wegen Rauschgiftdelikten Vorbestraften trotz Eintrags in sein Führungszeugnis die notwendige Würde zuerkannt und die Universität dazu verurteilt, ihn zum Rigorosum zuzulassen. Dieses Gesetz Hitlers ist nach diesem Urteil auch heute noch gültig, da es keinerlei NS-Gedankengut enthalte und somit als legal zustande gekommen und gültig anzusehen sei.
[18] Az. 13 K 1329/94. Die Begründung der Universität ist online einsehbar unter www.vho.org/Authors/UniStgt.html, sowie meine Reaktion darauf: www.vho.org/Authors/RudolfUniStgt.html; nach Verkündung der Haftstrafe gegen mich bemerkte mein Doktorvater übrigens, ich müsse nun zuerst meine Strafe absitzen, bevor ich meine Promotion vollenden könne. Prof. von Schnering schien damals also immer noch zu seinem Doktoranden zu stehen.
[19] Normal heißt: Anstellungsversuche bei nicht-revisionistischen Arbeitgebern.
[20] AG Mannheim, Az. 503 Js 17319/01; vgl. www.vho.org/GB/c/GR/AS.html
[21] Vgl. www.vho.org/GB/c/GR/AS.html; G. Rudolf, “Der Revisionismus ist in Schwierigkeiten – oder doch nicht?” VffG 8(3) (2004), S. 252-255.
[22] Anklageschrift der Staatsanwaltschaft Stuttgart vom 19. April 1994, Az. 4 Js 34417/93.
[23] Verfahren Anm. 1, Urteil S. 239.
[24] Verfahren Anm. 1, Urteil S. 15.
[25] AaO. Anm. 6. Es wurde inzwischen ins Niederländische, Französische und Englische übersetzt (vgl. vho.org/GB/Books/trr).
[26] Das Amtsgericht Böblingen ordnete 1997 die Einziehung und Vernichtung der deutschen Erstauflage an: Rüdiger Kammerer, Armin Solms (Hg.), Das Rudolf Gutachten, Cromwell Press, London 1993: Az. 9(8) Gs 228/97; im August 2002 schließlich teilte mir ein Kunde mit, gegen ihn sei ein Strafverfahren wegen des Bezugs von zehn Exemplaren der 2. Auflage von 2001 meines Gutachtens eröffnet worden. Der Bundesverfassungsschutzbericht 2002, S. 98, schreibt, dieses Gutachten sei von der Bundesprüfstelle am 12.2.2002 indiziert worden.
[27] Vgl. dazu die Dokumentation von G. Herzogenrath-Amelung: “Gutachten im Asylverfahren von Germar Rudolf”, VffG, 6(2) (2002), S. 176-190, hier S. 180-182.
[28] Verfahren Anm. 1, Schreiben der 17. Strafkammer des LG Stuttgart an den BGH vom 21.4.1994. Ermittlungsordner 2, Blatt 768. Anwort des BGH vom 26.4.1994 mit Beilage: Urteil vom 15.3.1994 gg. G.A. Deckert, Az. 1 StR 179/93.
[29] Amtsgericht Böblingen, Az. 9 Gs 521/94. Im Sommer 2000 aus Mangel an Beweisen eingestellt.
[30] Amtsgericht Tübingen, Az. 4 Gs 173/95. Ernst Gauss (Hg.) Grundlagen zur Zeitgeschichte. Ein Handbuch über strittige Fragen des 20. Jahrhunderts, Grabert, Tübingen 1994.
[31] StA I am LG Berlin, Az. 81 Js 1385/95; dieses Verfahren wurde am 21.3.1996 nach §154 StPO eingestellt, da die zu erwartende Strafe gegenüber der des LG Stuttgart “nicht beträchtlich ins Gewicht fallen würde”.
[32] dpa-Meldung in der Tagespresse, z.B.: Süddeutsche Zeitung, Stuttgarter Zeitung, Südwestpresse-Verbund (29.3.1994), taz, Frankfurter Rundschau (30.3.1994).
[33] Vgl. dazu “Fälscherwerkstatt dpa”, in: G. Rudolf, Auschwitz-Lügen, Castle Hill Publishers, Hastings 2005; vgl. auch den Beitrag “Die Rolle der Presse im Fall Germar Rudolf” in diesem Band.
[34] So die Kreiszeitung – Böblinger Bote und der SDR 3 (1330 Uhr) zum Ende des Verfahrens gegen Rudolf am 23.6.1995; ebenso die Süddeutsche Zeitung am 24.6.1995.
[35] So z.B. in der Südafrikanischen Zeitung The Citizen, 24.6.1995, S. 8.
[36] dpa-Meldung vom 28.3.1994, publiziert in der Tagespresse vom 29./30./31.3.1994.
[37] Die Welt, 5.4.1995.
[38] Landesschau, Südwest 3, 27.12.1994; Kreiszeitung – Böblinger Bote, 29.3.1995.
[39] Die Zeit, 15.4.1993, S. 44.
[40] Stuttgarter Zeitung, 23.11.1994
[41] Die Welt, 29.3.1994.
[42] Stuttgarter Zeitung, 27.1.1995
[43] Eine Klage gegen die Süddeutsche Zeitung wurde wegen Formfehlern abgewiesen, die Kosten von ca. DM 5.000 mußten dennoch bezahlt werden.
[44] Urteil des Schweizer Bundesgerichts, Az. 6S.199/1994/tbr; vgl. die Schweizer Tagespresse vom 18.5.1995. Über einen analog verlaufenen Fall in der Schweiz gegen die Schweizer Sonntagszeitung berichteten die Stuttgarter Nachrichten, 24.3.1995.
[45] Urteil wie Anm. 44, in der Sitzung des Kassationshofes vom 17.2.1995; zitiert nach Aurora Nr. 7/8, Sommer 1995, S. 6.
[46] Eine detailliertere Kritik dieser Sendung befindet sich in: W. Schlesiger, aaO. (Anm. 11).
[47] Aussage der Zeugin Ursula Rudolf am 24.3.1995 im Verfahren Anm. 1. Meine Mutter erläuterte mir Ende 2002 allerdings, die Report-Sendung sei nicht der Anlaß für diese Familien-Sabotage gewesen, sondern irgendwelche politischen Bemerkungen, die ich während eines gemeinsamen Abendessen in einer Pizzeria im Frühjahr 1994 gemacht haben soll, wobei wir uns beide nicht daran erinnern können, was ich gesagt haben soll.
[48] Brief des Angeklagten an seine Patentante vom 30.4.1994, eingeführt in die Hauptverhandlung am 23.2.1995 im Verfahren Anm. 1.
[49] Cartellverband der katholischen deutschen Studentenverbin­dungen (CV), etwa 35.000 Mitglieder.
[50] Urteilsbegründung des Ehrengerichts e.v. AV Tuisconia Königsberg zu Bonn vom 20.8.1995, abgefaßt von RA Herbert Stomper. Meine Berufung wurde angelehnt.
[51] Die anderen drei lauten: religio, scientia, amicitia.
[52] Zeugenaussage von Bundesbruder Dr. Markus Kiefer in diesem Ehrengerichtsverfahren.
[53] So die Aussage des damaligen Vermieters Karlheinz Bühler mir gegenüber im Spätsommer 1994.
[54] Ein Grund brauchte nicht angegeben werden, da in einem Zweifamilienhaus, in dem der Vermieter selbst wohnt, nach BGB kein Grund zur Kündigung notwendig ist.
[55] Faksimilierte Wiedergabe des Dokumentes in Sleipnir 4/95, innere Umschlagrückseite.
[56] Ich nahm im Frühjahr 1994 den Nachnamen meiner Frau an, verwandte jedoch in der Öffentlichkeit stets meinem Geburtsnamen zum Schutze meiner Familie, insbesondere nun nach der Scheidung, da ich meinen Geburtsnamen wieder annahm. Nachfolgend habe ich daher in Zitaten den Nachnamen meiner Exfrau gestrichen.
[57] Bl. 1411 der Akten im Verfahren Anm. 1, mit dem handschriftlichen Vermerk Dr. Mayers, daß Akteneinsicht nach Rücksendung der Akten durch die Verteidiger zu gewähren sei.
[58] Ermittlungsordner 2, Blatt 876, im Verfahren Anm. 1.
[59] So das Schreiben des Verteidigers Dr. G. Herzogenrath-Amelung an das LG Stuttgart vom 16.11.1995 in diesem Zusammenhang im Verfahren Anm. 1.
[60] Vgl. dazu den Beitrag “Die Rolle der Medien im Fall Rudolf” in diesem Band.
[61] Vgl. dazu den Beitrag “Politisch verfolgte Deutsche genießen kein Asyl” in diesem Band.
[62] Für Details siehe den Beitrag “Die Falle schnappt zu” im vorliegenden Buch.
[63] Siehe das Urteil: http://germarrudolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/MannheimVerdict2007.pdf, sowie meine Analyse desselben in G. Rudolf, Widerstand ist Pflicht, Castle Hill Publishers, Uckfield 2012, S. 391-409.